From the Pastors Desk
May29FriMay 29, 2020 Pastor Byron Hand
In the midst of this Global Pandemic I commended to you Rachel Jones new book “5 Things to Pray in a Global Crisis.” Rachel is the author of the series of books “5 Things to Pray ….” In this most recent book she addresses how we can best pray in the midst of our current crisis. These days of crisis Jones encourages us to pray in 5 categories:
- Pray for our Heart
- Pray for our Family
- Pray for the Response
- Praying for my Church (Part 1 – Last week)
When you pray for your church pray for UNITY – John 17:20-26
When you pray for your church pray for GROWTH – Colossians 1:9-14
Concluding this section this week we pray for CBC … (Don’t forget to read the Bible text referenced)
Pray On Sunday - Romans 1:8-17
Here is our prayer: “Father, in this time of separation, help us to …”
- Give thanks for each other – Rom. 1:8 (Use church directory)
- Long for each other – Rom. 1:10-11 – Pray that this time of separation will increase your love for your CBC family
- Encourage each other – Rom. 1:12 – Keep in touch – Call and discuss Sunday’s message.
- Listen to You – Rom. 1:15 - Pray that each element of our “service” would faithfully declare the gospel.
- Remember Your Power – Rom. 1:16 - Praise God that the power of salvation is not in slick livestreams but in faithful gospel proclamation. Pray that people will be saved.
Pray for CBC’s Leaders and Staff – 2 Timothy 2:1-10
- Strength in God’s Grace – 2 Tim. 2:1 – The grace that saves also sustains. Pray that your leaders will be conscious of that.
- Good Teamwork – 2 Tim. 2:2 – Pray for good communication, trust and unity.
- Wise Priorities - 2 Tim. 2:4 – May our aim be to Please HIM
- Confidence in God’s Word - 2 Tim. 2:8-9 – God’s word is not confinable.
- Salvation for Many - 2 Tim. 2:10 – Pray that people will be saved … Many.
Pray for CBC’s Vulnerable People – 3 John 1-4
Use this guide to pray for the vulnerable at CBC, for whom getting sick may be very serious:
- Dear Friend – v:1 – Thank God for the People to whom you have been joined because of the Gospel.
- Good Health – v:2 – Lord Protect our Church Family
- Spiritual Progress – v:2 – Don’t waste this opportunity to grow stronger in faith. Pray that this season of isolation would be a time of real spiritual progress for your friend.
- Faithfulness to the Truth – v:3 – Thank God for the faithfulness of many, and pray for endurance to keep on.
- Great Joy – v:4 – Pray that the continuing ministry of CBC might be marked by JOY and Steadfastness.
“See” you Sunday … Keep Praying … God is Working