From the Pastors Desk
Apr9ThuApril 9, 2020 Pastor Byron Hand
I’m not sure what day this is of the current health crisis. I sometimes have to do a double check to remind myself of what day it is. These days have been challenging to all of us. Someone sent me some helpful thoughts on coping with forced isolation. I wanted to share some of them with you along with some free resources to encourage your soul:
Tips for Coping with this Isolation:
- Try to stick to a routine – Sleep, waking, etc.
- Dress for the day – Get showered and dressed for your day. Wear some bright colours.
- Get outside at least once a day and MOVE – Get some fresh air and exercise.
- Reach out to others – Email, text, facetime, etc. - Philippians 2:4
- Stay hydrated and Eat Well – This is a time we will be tempted to overeat and eat improperly.
- Remember Self-Care – Look after yourself – Emotionally; Physically; Intellectually and Spiritually. 1 Timothy 4:8
- If you have children in the home spend some extra time playing with them (not just managing them) – This is rough on them too.
- Here is a great one … Give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and a wide berth – Look at Proverbs 19:11 “A person’s wisdom yields patience; it is to one’s glory to overlook an offense.” Time cooped up can lead to frustration and lack of patience.
- Find a place to retreat and be alone when stressed – Mark 6:31
- Expect behavioral challenges with children, and respond with grace – Ephesians 6:4
That’s enough, I may share more next week.
Remember Our Livestream – Good Friday AND Easter Sunday at 10:30 am (PS – remember to have communion elements for Good Friday)
Here are some free resources: Both books available in Audio Format:
- ChristianAudio – “Don’t lose heart: Gospel Hope for the Discouraged Soul.” Jason Meyer - https://christianaudio.com/free/
- Desiring God – “Coronavirus and Christ” by John Piper – Audio, Print, or EBook. https://www.desiringgod.org/books/coronavirus-and-christ
“See” you Friday and Sunday – Stay Safe and Stay Encouraged